Release 2.9 (May 2021)
Release 2.9 adds:
- Changes to metadata types
- Changes to building Egeria on Windows
Details of these and other changes are in the sections that follow.
Description of Changes
- The UserProfileManager, UserAccessDirectory and MasterDataManager classification for Referenceables has been added to model 0056 Asset Managers.
- A new relationship called ActionTarget to link a To Do to the elements that need work has been added to model 0137 Actions for People.
- A new attribute called filterExpression has been added to the Port entity in model 0217 Ports.
- A new classification called PrimaryCategory has been added to model 0335 Primary Category.
- A new classification called GovernanceMeasurements has been added to model 0450 Governance Rollout.
- The RelationalColumnType entity in model 0534 Relational Schema. only allows for a column to be primitive. It could be a literal, enum or external and so this type has been deprecated and the appropriate schema types should be used directly.
Building Egeria on Windows
To build Egeria on Windows you should use Windows Subsystem for Linux Version 2 or above & install an appropriate Linux distribution.
Egeria should then be built & run within this environment.
IDEs such as IntelliJ and VSCode support editing and code management within the Windows GUI alongside build and execution in Linux.
See PR #5084 for more information.
Bug fixes and other updates
- Additional Bug Fixes
- Dependency Updates
For details on both see the commit history in GitHub.
- It is recommended to use a chromium-based browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, or Apple Safari for the Egeria React UI. Some parts of the UI experience such as Dino currently experience problems with Firefox. See odpi/egeria-react-ui#96 .
- When running the ‘Understanding Platform Services’ lab, ensure you run the ‘egeria-service-config’ notebook first and do not restart the python kernel before running this lab. See #4842 .
Egeria Implementation Status at Release 2.9
Link to Egeria’s Roadmap for more details about the Open Metadata and Governance vision, strategy and content.
Further Help and Support
See the Community Guide.
- Return to Release Notes
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.