Release 2.7 (March 2021)
Release 2.7 adds:
- Performance improvements in the graph repo
- Changes to metadata types
- Changes to the distribution process
Details of these and other changes are in the sections that follow.
Description of Changes
Build & Release changes
- Previously release maven artifacts have been pushed to JCenter (in addition to Maven Central), and snapshots have been pushed to odpi.jfrog.io/odpi/egeria-snapshot. As of 2.7 this no longer occurs and release and snapshots are pushed only to Maven Central.
- Due to the above, maven artifacts may be signed by a different user to previously (and this may change in a future release).
- Release 2.7 includes performance improvements to the graph repository’s search methods, which select an efficient query strategy based on the properties and type filters supplied to the search.
- We have removed overloaded properties that existed at multiple levels in a type definition: for example, length was defined both on SchemaAttribute and again on RelationalColumn (which is a subtype of SchemaAttribute). This change removes them from being defined again the lower level (RelationalColumn in this example); however, the property itself will still be available at the lower level due to inheriting it from the supertype.
Bug fixes and other updates
- Additional Bug Fixes
- Dependency Updates
For details on both see the commit history in GitHub.
- It is recommended to use a chromium-based browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, or Apple Safari for the Egeria React UI. Some parts of the UI experience such as Dino currently experience problems with Firefox. See odpi/egeria-react-ui#96 .
- When running the ‘Understanding Platform Services’ lab, ensure you run the ‘egeria-service-config’ notebook first and do not restart the python kernel before running this lab. See #4842 .
Egeria Implementation Status at Release 2.7
Link to Egeria’s Roadmap for more details about the Open Metadata and Governance vision, strategy and content.
Further Help and Support
As part of the Linux AI & Data Foundation, our slack channels have moved to the LF AI & Data Slack workspace, and our mailing lists can now be found at https://lists.lfaidata.foundation/groups
Continue to use these resources, along with GitHub to report bugs or ask questions.
- Return to Release Notes
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.