Release 2.3 (October 2020)
New capabilities & Major changes
- A new Presentation Server User interface has been added, making use of React & Carbon
- Presentation Server is still in development
- For developers not contributing to Presentation Server, running in a container under Kubernetes or docker-compose is the easiest way to get started
- See the last section of the Presentation Server README for instructions on running Presentation Server
- For contributors, The Presentation Server README also documents ‘Configuring the Presentation Server’ - this is done automatically in our k8s/compose environment. However
if doing this manually note (4th point) that the environment variable is called
EGERIA_PRESENTATIONSERVER_SERVER_<ui server name>where the
<ui server name>is the tenant’s serverName.. The examples in the document are correct.
- The Dino User Interface for presentation server now allows an Egeria operations user to display a graph and details of Egeria resources including platforms, servers, services and cohort memberships.
- Type Explorer & Repository Explorer, previously found in the Polymer based UI, are now available in Presentation Server.
- Raise a github issue or Contact the Egeria team via slack at slack.odpi.com if you experience issues or have questions.
- The Egeria Docker image is now based on Redhat’s UBI-8 openjdk-11 image, to improve security & operational support. See issue #3580
- Bug Fixes & ongoing feature work
- Several maven artifacts have not been published to maven central/JCenter. See issue #3675 They can be retrieved from JFrog Artifactory at ‘https://odpi.jfrog.io/odpi/egeria-release-local’ if needed and it is not possible to build locally.
- Spring has been updated to 2.3.9
- Spring Security has been updated to 5.4.0
- For a full list run ‘mvn dependency:tree’ against top level directory and/or review the top level pom.xml
## Egeria Implementation Status at Release 2.3
Link to Egeria’s Roadmap for more details about the Open Metadata and Governance vision, strategy and content.
- Return to Release Notes
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.