Downloading and Building ODPi Egeria Tutorial
ODPi Egeria is a an open source project that is delivered both as source code as well as Maven Central Repository libraries.
This tutorial will guide you through the process of downloading the ODPi Egeria source code from GitHub and building it so that you can run it on your local machine.
- Ensure you have a Java compiler at Version 8 (Update 151) or above installed on your machine. Check the version of Java you have with the command java -version (You can download Java from AdoptOpenJDK and select OpenJDK 8 (LTS) and the HotSpot version for your operating system. You need the JDK rather than the JRE.)
- Ensure you have Apache Maven 3.5.0 or above installed. This is used to orchestrate the ODPi Egeria build.
- Ensure you have git installed. On MacOS, this is part of the Xcode suite. For other operating systems there are various choices.
- Downloading the Egeria source from GitHub
- Building the Egeria source with Apache Maven
- Installing Egeria ready for use
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.