0215 Software Components
DeployedSoftwareComponent describes a code asset that is deployed to implement a software capability. Each software component has a well defined interface describe by an APISchema that is linked to the DeployedSoftwareComponent by the AssetSchemaType relationship.
DeployedConnector represents specialist software component called a connector that provides pluggable access to third party technologies. These connectors implement the Open Connector Framework (OCF) interfaces.
EmbeddedProcess describes a processing element nested within a DeployedSoftwareComponent. The TransientEmbeddedProcess describes an EmbeddedProcess that runs only for a short period of time.
These variations are used to provide more information for lineage graphs.
ProcessHierarchy defines a parent-child relationship between processes, which can be used to define more abstract processes that are comprised of lower-level processes; helping to support navigating the process hierarchy.
Related Open Metadata Type Definitions
- Definition of Process
- Linking of processes into lineage graphs
- Ports to show specific input and output flows for a process
- PortSchema relationships to describe the structure of data supported by a Port
Use of these open metadata types
- Egeria Developer Guide for more information on connectors and how to implement them.
- Lineage describes the different types of lineage and how the open metadata types link together to form lineage graphs.
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.