A repository proxy is an OMAG Server that has been configured to act as a proxy to a third party metadata repository. It is used by a technology that is integrating using the Adapter Integration Pattern.
Figure 1 shows the repository proxy operating.
Figure 1: Repository proxy translating between third party APIs/events and open metadata
There are two repository proxy implementations included with Egeria
Configuring a Repository Proxy
The tasks for configuring an repository proxy are as follows:
- Setting up the default event bus
- Configuring the default local server URL root
- Setting basic properties for an OMAG server
- Configuring the audit log destinations
- Configuring the server security connector
- Configuring registration to a cohort
- Configuring the open metadata archives loaded at server start
- Configuring the repository proxy connectors
Return to Cohort Members.
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.