Governance Program Open Metadata Access Service (OMAS)
The Governance Program OMAS provides APIs and events for tools and applications focused on defining a data strategy, planning support for a regulation and/or developing a governance program for the data landscape.
It assumes an organization is operating an active governance program that is iteratively reviewed and developed.
- Understanding the business drivers that provide requirements and direction to the governance program.
- Laying down the governance policies (principles, obligations and approaches) that frame the governance program.
- Planning and defining the governance controls that detail how these governance policies will be implemented in the organization, and enumerating the implications of these decisions and the expected outcomes.
- Defining the organization’s roles and responsibilities that will support the program.
- Commissioning campaigns and projects to implement the governance controls and the collection of measurements to assess the success of the program.
- Reviewing the impact of the governance program and making adjustments.
- –> additional campaigns or projects
- –> adjusting the policies and controls
- Reviewing the strategy, business and regulatory landscape.
- –> adjusting the business drivers
The module structure for the Governance Program OMAS is as follows:
- governance-program-client supports the client library. This is used by tools that help organizations to plan and manage their governance program.
- governance-program-api supports the common Java classes that are used both by the client and the server.
- governance-program-server supports in implementation of the access service and its related event management.
- governance-program-spring supports the REST API using the Spring libraries.