Governance Engine Open Metadata Access Service (OMAS)
The Governance Engine OMAS provides the metadata services for running governance engines.
- Open Discovery Framework (ODF) for Open Discovery Services that analyse the content of resources in the digital landscape.
- Governance Action Framework (GAF) of Governance Action Services that monitor, assess and maintain metadata.
The Governance Engine OMAS has the following capabilities:
- Creating the definitions for governance engines and their governance services.
- Providing the APIs and events that enable the Engine Host OMAG Server to retrieve the definitions of the governance engines and services and be notified of any changes to them.
- Creating the definitions for governance action processes that control the sequencing of governance actions.
- Providing APIs to create governance actions explicitly and incident reports.
- Initiation and choreography of governance actions based on the template provided by a governance actions process.
- Notification of new governance actions to the Engine Host OMAG Servers that then invoke the appropriate governance services to action them.
- Supporting the metadata requirements for many of the engine services.
Governance Engine OMAS has a User Guide that covers the Governance Engine OMAS’s APIs and events.
The documentation for writing governance services is located:
- Open Discovery Framework (ODF) for Open Discovery Services.
- Governance Action Framework (GAF) for the Governance Action Services: Watchdog Governance Services, Triage Governance Services, Verification Governance Services, Remediation Governance Services and Provisioning Governance Services.
The module structure for the Governance Engine OMAS is as follows:
- governance-engine-client supports the client library.
- governance-engine-api supports the common Java classes that are used both by the client and the server.
- governance-engine-topic-connectors provides access to this modules In and Out Topics.
- governance-engine-server supports in implementation of the access service and its related event management.
- governance-engine-spring supports the REST API using the Spring libraries.
Return to the access-services module.
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.