A karma point is a reward given to an individual for making a contribution to open metadata. This may be for:
- Creating some information
- Correcting or enhancing some information
- Linking information together
- Removing obsolete information
Karma points are awarded automatically. They are stored in an individual’s personal profile. When an individual’s karma point total reaches a multiple of the karma point notification threshold, the Community Profile OMAS sends a notification on its OutTopic.
- [Configuring the notification threshold for karma points]
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.