Asset Consumer Open Metadata Access Service (OMAS)
The Asset Consumer OMAS provides services to an individual that wants to work with assets such as:
- data stores, data sets and data feeds
- functions such as analytical services
- the retrieval of connection objects from the open metadata repositories.
- the creation of a connector based on the properties in a connection object.
- the retrieval of properties about an asset. These properties are called the connected asset properties.
- the adding of feedback (comments, ratings and likes) to an asset.
- the attachment of informal tags to an asset.
- the adding of an audit log record for an asset.
- the publishing of notifications about assets.
Adding feedback through the Asset Consumer OMAS results in Karma Points being awarded to the individual. These are maintained in the individual’s profile. A karma point is awarded for each contribution of feedback through the API. (The awarding of Karma points is managed by the Community Profile OMAS.)
The connectors returned by the Asset Consumer OMAS are Open Connector Framework (OCF) connectors. The caller can use the connector to access the contents of the asset itself and the properties about the asset it is accessing. This service is provided by the OCF Metadata Management Common Service.
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.