Asset Catalog Open Metadata Access Service (OMAS)
The Asset Catalog OMAS provides services to search for data assets including:
- data stores
- event feeds
- data sets
The search locates assets based on the content of the Asset metadata itself and the metadata that links to it. This includes:
- glossary terms
- schema elements
The Asset Catalog REST API supports:
- the retrieval of assets based on unique identifiers
- the retrieval of asset’s relationships and classifications
- the retrieval of assets based on known classification or relationship
- to query for related assets and to retrieve an asset neighborhood
The module structure for the Asset Catalog OMAS is as follows:
- asset-catalog-client supports the client library.
- asset-catalog-api supports the common Java classes that are used both by the client and the server.
- asset-catalog-server supports the server side implementation of the access service. This includes the
- asset-catalog-spring supports the REST API using the Spring libraries.
###Search solution The search will return Assets, Glossary Terms and Schema Elements that match the search criteria. As the asset search is to be performed against on one or more repositories a search engine will be used. The search will be performed using the existing properties of the asset, glossary terms and/or schema elements. Indexing will be performed by the Asset Catalog OMAS according to supported zones. The search result will contain: guid, name (name or displayName), description, qualifiedName, classifications, zoneMembership (the basic properties of the element).
In order to get the full context of the element, a second call is performed. At this step, the specific relationships are traverse for getting the connection to the asset and to get the schema type that is behind the given asset. This call is using the asset global identifier and the asset type.
Figure 1:Integration of search engine
###Other Services Asset Catalog OMAS provides services to fetch the asset
- specific entities that connects two assets
- relationships between two known entities
- related assets
Return to the access-services module.
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.