Asset Catalog Open Metadata Access Service (OMAS)
The Asset Catalog OMAS provides services to search for data assets including:
- data stores
- event feeds
- data sets
The search will locate assets based on the content of the Asset metadata itself and the metadata that links to it. This includes:
- glossary terms
- schema elements
The Asset Catalog REST API supports:
- the retrieval of assets based on unique identifiers
- the retrieval of asset’s relationships and classifications
- the retrieval of assets based on known classification or relationship
- to query for related assets and to retrieve an asset neighborhood
The module structure for the Asset Catalog OMAS is as follows:
- asset-catalog-client supports the client library.
- asset-catalog-api supports the common Java classes that are used both by the client and the server.
- asset-catalog-server supports in implementation of the access service and its related event management.
- asset-catalog-spring supports the REST API using the [Spring](../../../developer-resources/Spring.md) libraries.
###Search solution The search will return Assets and Glossary terms that match the search criteria. As the asset search is to be performed against on one or more repositories a search engine will be used. The search will be performed using name/displayName, descriptions and qualifiedName of the asset and/or Glossary terms. Indexing will be performed by the Asset Catalog OMAS according to supported zones. The search result will contain: guid, name (name or displayName), description, qualifiedName, classifications, zoneMembership.
Figure 1:Integration of search engine